Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Academy of the Heart and Mind - Springtime Countryside

Hey Everyone!

Check out this poem featured on Academy of the Heart and Mind:
https://academyoftheheartandmind.wordpress.com/2020/05/13/springtime-countryside/

Here's the poem if you don't want to use the link:

Springtime Countryside
Out in the rolling countryside
Enjoying the first signs of spring
Stopped for a while by a farmer's field
And listened to a bluebird sing.
His song was oh so cheerful
As it echoed through the trees
Carried across the fertile land
On a gentle, drifting breeze.
The world was awakening all around
From a long cold winter's sleep
To bask beneath a warming sun
Like a promise there to keep.
I didn't want to leave that place
So I tarried for an hour or so
And planted seeds in my memory
And left them there to grow
So that later on a winters day
I might return there for a while
And seek again that calming scene
In my heart and in my smile.






No comments:

Post a Comment