Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Texas Fried Blues

This is one of two micro fiction stories of mine published in issue #3 of A Million Ways in June, 2019.



It was Rick at the door. Two am. "Hi Jessie. I made this for you."
             Texas Fried Blues the label read. "Hey, man, I appreciate it. Thanks."
            "It's got some kick-ass stuff. I think you'll like it."
            Rick was a war vet. He couldn't sleep most nights so he made mixed tapes and gave them to his friends.
            "I'll play it this weekend."
            He grimaced. "Really? How about now?"
            I looked at him, tall and thin and burned out. Haunted eyes sunk deep in their sockets. Stale sweat emanating.
            "Good idea." I led him to the couch."Let's have a listen." 

Note: If you like this story, check out A Million Ways at: www.amwmagazine.com. All three of their beautiful magazine are for sale. Buy one! Or all three!! You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment