Friday, November 9, 2018

Bicycle Built For Two


A tandem bike. It was the last thing Liz and I bought together before she left me for her personal trainer, bleach blond, muscle bound, Donnie. Damn. We rode together once, maybe twice, and then, poof, just like that, a quick wave goodbye and off she peddled into the sunset, gone for good. We'd been together six and a half years. She took the bike, too.
             Well, that was it for me. Lesson learned. No more taking a chance on relationships for this guy. Heartbroken? Absolutely. Moving on? You bet. It's been nearly five months and I've got a new bike now and a new gal. Her name is Libby and she rides in a basket in front attached to my handlebars. She's my sweet little, cinnamon and black, long hair Chihuahua, and she's adorable. The way her hair blows in the breeze, her bright amber eyes, her cute little pink tongue and her jeweled collar...Well, really, when you get right down to it, what's not to love?
            Now, I will say this, most people think it's sad that its come to this , my attachment to Libby, but to them I say, "Too bad." I'm loyal to her and she is to me and that's what's important. The way I look at it, Libby would never hurt me. She's filled the void left by Liz and my future has never looked brighter. I can see us peddling down the road of life together for years to come. Who needs a girlfriend when I've got my sweet little Chihuahua? In fact, who needs people anyway? I can see it now, Libby and I, lifelong companions, together until death do us part. Sounds good to me.
            We get closer every day. I'm even starting to snack occasionally on the kibble I get for her. We're perfect for each other in each and every way. And you know what? I hardly ever get lonely.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment